Friday, February 10, 2006
I have things to show!!!


First, this beautiful Opal yarn arrived today compliments of OpalChatters. I won it because I have a blog. It's really beautiful ... I checked out how the finished socks look. Welcome to my home little Opal.








Isn't this beautiful and jewel-like? Knitpicks Dancing yarn growing into socks. I'm using a knit two rows, k2p2 two rows and I really like the look. The yarn is part wool, part cotton and part nylon. Most sock yarn is wool and nylon (for strength) so it's the cotton part that's unusual .. sometimes. The Sockotta socks you all so kindly made fun of are wool/cotton/nylon. I have washed them but not tried them on yet to see if they fit better. I like the suspense.






Opal Brasil is growing into socks for a certain young lady south of the border .. the border being the county line I guess. It's a fun yarn to work with .. beautiful colors and little patterns to entertain.











The neighbors dogs love me more than anything. This is one of them. He's wagging his tail and my cat is behind the door growling. Does that make sense? The dog is friendly and the cat growls? Cats are no judges of character.
 
posted by Betty Ann at 3:14 PM |


1 Comments:


At February 12, 2006 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

riley and lucy would agree with you regarding cats. riley likes to sit atop our big arm chair and gaze out the window, waiting for the neighbor cat(oreo) to show up. oreo proceeds to drive him nuts as he parades back and forth in front of the window.your socks are quite miraculous by the way...