Tuesday, January 17, 2006



Per request, here is my spice shelf. The little basket holds a variety of tea though not all we have. It also has packets of Splenda. The basket dates back to the 1940s. Once, I saw Martha demonstrating how to wash a basket.


1. Wait for the first warm spring day.
2. Set the basket on your green perfect huge lawn.
3. Hose it off.
4. Let it dry.

It's so easy that my basket doesn't want to do it. Even a basket needs a challenge.
 
posted by Betty Ann at 10:26 AM |


4 Comments:


At January 17, 2006 12:54 PM, Blogger christina

And you call yourself a messie! Pshaw! Lovely spice shelf and to-die-for vintage 1940's basket. I think baskets are self-cleaning. Martha just has too much time on her hands.

 

At January 17, 2006 1:05 PM, Blogger Betty Ann

Oh no!! I organized that shelf weeks ago and rarely use it. The basket was my mom's. And Martha has time on her hands ... I guess so. Will we see your spice shelf now? And will Miss Schatzi be blogging soon?

 

At January 17, 2006 3:32 PM, Blogger Betty Ann

Well ! I have certainly been put in my place. No ba bao. No Chinese rose petal. I am hanging my head.

 

At January 17, 2006 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

I am quite sure that you left something out of those instructions. Isn't Step 3 supposed to read: "Instruct your gardener to hose down the basket"?

I cannot post a comment because I cannot read the word verification thing below. Thank goodness they are giving me another chance.