Saturday, December 31, 2005
The boy socks (1) are done and (2) ready for heels. This is my goal for today. Heels. Do I have an exciting life or what??

Yesterday, Zach's adorable girlfriend came over. She's a vegetarian so I am cooking without meat for her which is fine with me. Made lentil pilaf with several veggies, lemon peel, asiago cheese, fresh basil and it was .. ok. Not all that flavorful considering .. but ok. After he had taken her home, he rushed in the door saying, "I'm making Top Ramen. Dinner was good but not enough complex carbohydrates."

"Not enough what?" I asked and he repeated.

"What about the lentils (which were red, by the way) and the rice?"

"Not enough," he said.

Personally, I think Top Ramen is simple carbohydrate but I know better than to argue with a teenager .. especially when he's actually preparing food for HIMSELF!
 
posted by Betty Ann at 10:36 AM |


3 Comments:


At December 31, 2005 2:04 PM, Blogger Betty Ann

Why of course! And it's so nice of you to leave a comment. I am so flattered.

 

At January 01, 2006 12:31 PM, Blogger Betty Ann

No No! Complex carbs are those that exist without any help from General Mills. Bird seed is chock full of them. Probably most pet food is.

By the way, Yulle is the darling girl who was served the lentils. Isn't it wonderful that she let me know she's here and didn't lurk?

 

At January 01, 2006 2:01 PM, Blogger christina

Oh, I thought complex carbs were the ones I couldn't spell. Ha ha.

Do they make whole wheat ramen noodles?

Those socks will be the talk of the town.