Thursday, December 22, 2005
I have finished the hat knitting and this person I've admired from afar named Nanette (knittingincolor.blogspot.com) has given me ideas for finishing it. I'm probably giving it to Zach as is and let him decide on what shape it'll take.

The two socks are not finished but just to keep boredom at bay, I've started two more. The orangey one (Opal prima) is for Zach and I keep asking him, "Are you sure you'll wear this?" The cool-colors one is heavier wool (Emu Superwash) and is for a young man in California. The socks can grow together as the boys sort of have.
 
posted by Betty Ann at 3:16 PM |


4 Comments:


At December 23, 2005 11:44 AM, Blogger christina

Aww, that's sweet. I love the colours you chose.

Can't wait to see how the hat turns out!

 

At December 23, 2005 3:57 PM, Blogger Betty Ann

Me neither! I started sewing it up but couldn't imagine which way he'd like best (if he likes any) so I've stopped.

 

At January 02, 2006 5:35 PM, Blogger Deb

Hello, your sock look great. I'm looking for a pattern like this. did you do a k2 p2 ribbing. Can you contact me about this pattern?

Thanks in advance.

 

At January 02, 2006 6:21 PM, Blogger Betty Ann

Deb, I tried to contact you but was unsuccessful. The cuff is K2P2 ribbing. The rest is stockinette and now that the orange one is finished, I'm finding out it's not the best choice for a thin boy leg. I should've made some kind of ribbing the whole way down.