Thursday, December 01, 2005
Stuff you make ought to be cheaper than stuff you buy, right? And I guess it would be if you started with your own sheep and ended up with your own sweater. You'd already own a spinning wheel, of course, and needles and have the pattern. Then it would be free.

I talked with a woman making a gorgeous tweedy sweater this morning. Her yarn cost upwards of $160. It was part silk. Along with the sheep, I need some silkworms and ... whatever it takes to turn the cocoon into a string.
 
posted by Betty Ann at 12:12 PM |


2 Comments:


At December 01, 2005 9:00 PM, Blogger Marguerite

I've never figured out that price thing, either. Guess we're paying extra for all the fun we have knitting.

Then again, it's not possible to buy the things I knit.

 

At December 02, 2005 4:07 PM, Blogger kittensmittens

i hear you on that one. I just could not spend $160 for one sweater (knit or unknit)
But, think of the business you could do once you get your own sheep and silk string making silkworms...

Ophie enoyed the scratches behind her ears...
Your kitties are really cute too.