Saturday, November 26, 2005
I finished the Sockotta Fair Isle socks that I was whining about so much. I couldn't get the toe right. After many many kind and helpful responses at socknitters.com, I frogged it up past the decreases, reknit and all is fine now. It looks good to me, anyway.

These are the first socks I have made for myself. My son has the first pair I made ever, as well as the first gloves.

Ivan really really wants to go outside. He can't though because:
1. I signed a paper saying I wouldn't let him out.
2. He's not savvy enough to trust not to get hurt.
3. His long fur attracts sand spurs.

Ivan was adopted online from a Siberian rescue site. This a relatively new breed of cat in the U.S. and in addition to being sweet and incredibly soft, they are mostly hypoallergenic and they come when you call. Honestly if I call this cat, he will come 70 percent of the time. It has nothing to do with treats or any other bribe, it's just genetic.

The person who owned him before said he's a Grand Champion showcat but I have no way of verifying. He also said Ivan has no bad habits and this is true. His real name is Velikan.
The celery plate that my darling friends Cathy and Charlene helped me make for my part in the Thanksgiving dinner. I think it turned out well and I made dip (per their instructions) also.
 
posted by Betty Ann at 1:35 PM |


4 Comments:


At November 26, 2005 2:11 PM, Blogger Deborah

I think your socks are wonderful. You did a great job on them. I can't wait to make my first pair. I saw your post on Socknitters. Your cat is beautiful too. He will just have to enjoy the outdoors from the window. My cats beg to go outside daily.

 

At November 26, 2005 2:51 PM, Blogger Betty Ann

Thank you Deborah! I'm so enjoying wearing the socks and ALLL cats are beautiful, even crybaby ones. I guess he takes after me after all my complaining about these toes.

 

At November 26, 2005 4:05 PM, Blogger christina

You must have the patience of a saint to be able to knit Fair Isle patterns!

Ivan is so pretty. Could you take him out on a leash or something?

Pretty, pretty, veggie tray!

 

At November 26, 2005 4:32 PM, Blogger Betty Ann

The Fair Isle yarn comes with interspaced colors spots on it that, presto, knits up into this pattern. I have imagined that the greatest engineering minds in Germany developed it. It was so much fun to see it happen.