Monday, November 14, 2005
I am looking for a job. Today, as part of that endeavor, I met with a nice lady who helped me with "interviewing skills." There were many lulls in the conversation as she tried to find things on her computer and I filled one of those quiet times by pulling out the fingerless glove I finished this morning and showing it to her. "Look at what I finished this morning," I said.

She looked and asked, "Will it have fingertips?"

"No."

"Is it for playing an instrument?"

"No. It's for my son. Sometimes he needs his fingers but needs to stay warm, too. He may use these when he's camping."

Her facial expression never changed. "When my son played an instrument, I just bought some gloves and cut the tips off," she said. Then she turned back to the computer.

Why didn't I think of that?
 
posted by Betty Ann at 4:56 PM |


3 Comments:


At November 15, 2005 11:47 AM, Blogger Tammy

Sounds like she's the one that needs the interviewing skills!!!

Good luck in your job search.

 

At November 15, 2005 11:52 AM, Blogger Tammy

I just left you a comment but forgot to mention that I really like the title of your blog. It's so simple yet conveys so much. I can't wait for you to start posting some pictures of your knitting. I'll be back to take a peek!!!

Good Knitting - Tammy

 

At November 23, 2005 2:47 PM, Blogger Betty Ann

Tammy .. thank you for your early encouragment here. I'm still learning knitting, blogging, and everything else. I've been to your blog a few times. Love those kitties.