Sunday, November 13, 2005
I will not be knitting the Six Sox mosaic socks. That is, I will not be knitting them before December as I don't have the right needles. When I joined the knit-along, I ordered yarn and needles and they seemed to take forever to get to me. They took eight days which may not be forever but is a long time for something ordered online.

I ordered circular needles that were 12 inches long! I could barely force the needle into the stitch to purl if I gritted my teeth and used momentum from leaning back hard in my chair. The vendor graciously allowed me to exchange them but I won't have them in time for this knit-along.

In the meantime, I'm working on son's fingerless gloves (which look good) and a pair of socks from beautiful Sockotta yarn (which don't look so good). I'm actually considering frogging the socks and making something else, or other socks, with the yarn. There's a hole where I twisted a stitch, some messiness in the heel stitch and the leg part is just too loose.

I have another pair of socks started with Trekking yarn that have been put aside as the pattern begins with size 2 needle then changes to size 1 around the ankle. I'm still in need of those needles!
 
posted by Betty Ann at 2:20 PM |