Saturday, January 14, 2006
The adjective here is "stress" not "brain."

First of all, a very adorable person who comments here has mailed me yarn and I have not received it. It has been over a week. Just to show you what I'm up against, one day our mailbox was knocked over. Soon, the mail carrier, whom I had never met, called up offer to put it up again in a new place. She didn't say she had knocked it over but there is that appearance. She said it was difficult for her to reach it safely as it was too close to the road. I told her to come and show me where she wanted it and she came right out.

So if your mail carrier actually vandalizes your mailbox and won't fess up, what can you do about undelivered mail?

Second, I have just told too many people that I'll make socks for them. This has exhausted my brain and I'm taking it all back. After all this knitting (6 pair of completed socks), I only have 2 and wear them over and over. This makes me feel bad to know that my precious socks are sitting in people's drawers while my feet pine for them.

Third, here's something to look at. The sock is not being tortured. The yarn twists up and I hang it to let it unwind. It is scary looking though.
 
posted by Betty Ann at 12:55 PM |


1 Comments:


At January 14, 2006 5:43 PM, Blogger Becky

Did they ask you to knit socks for them, or did you offer? This is my solution to people asking me to knit socks for them: "My waiting list for hand-knit socks is already so long I could teach you to knit your own sooner than I could knit some for you. Are you interested in learning?"
So far I've had one person ask to be taught, but she lives 4 hours away so the lessons haven't started yet!
Hope this helps -- now go knit something for you!