Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Today I went downtown to have lunch with friend, Liz. The weather was SO beautiful that I couldn't help stopping to take pictures. First, we have some nice kudzu. This vine is not natural to the U.S. and since being planted in the South has taken over EVERYTHING. It climbs up trees. I just managed to find some that hadn't been covered yet.
The train doesn't stop here but we have a nice depot. It's used as a museum now. The train runs right back of it.
This is the lake where I walk, when I walk, which is never. It's one mile around. Perfect except the sidewalks slant downhill. There's another sidewalk (1.25 miles) at the top of the hill.


I always feel more peaceful when I go downtown. All the businesses are open and there are others to the right. I love downtown.
 
posted by Betty Ann at 3:33 PM |


2 Comments:


At September 21, 2006 12:30 PM, Blogger Joy

Betty, what a cute little downtown! I can see why you like to go there.

 

At September 21, 2006 4:46 PM, Blogger christina

Oooh, nice! I love seeing where you live.