Tuesday, September 05, 2006
I am finally knitting something for Children in Common (CIC) . In addition to what's shown on the website, they have a knitting group on yahoo and are currently asking for sweaters. These sweaters, socks, vests, etc. go to orphanages in or near Russia where children are cared for in very cold climates . The buildings are unheated or poorly heated and there is no hot water.

I'm using Ann Budd's Book of Patterns and Knitpicks Wool of the Andes. The colors are pumpkin on the bottom and carrot above. The top half of the sweater will be daffodil. This is yarn I bought months ago to make socks for CIC but .. because I was in school .. never found time.

So I have four projects going now -- three socks (one for foggy Marianne and two for my big feet) and one sweater. Should keep it from getting dull.

 
posted by Betty Ann at 11:13 AM |


0 Comments: