Friday, September 15, 2006

I finished these socks a few weeks ago, said goodbye, and sent them to live in Germany with their new Christina-feet. They're Opal Lollipop 1016, knit on size U.S. 1.5 needles (5 wooden/bamboo ones). I made them a little extra long knowing that Christina romps through the snow several months out of the year and when she washes/dries them they're look a little smaller. No worries. Put them on and they're go right back to size. But .. the outcome of the extra length was almost running out of yarn. I actually bought another ball because I was so sure I wouldn't make it. I sent the remaining yarn along with the socks for darning purposes and she probably hasn't noticed it in the toe yet, it was so small.
 
posted by Betty Ann at 8:24 AM |


4 Comments:


At September 15, 2006 8:51 AM, Blogger christina

Yes, I DID notice it in the toe! I am SO looking forward to romping in the snow. :-)

 

At September 15, 2006 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Absolutely gorgeous, Bettyyyyyyyyyyy! You are so very talented.

 

At September 15, 2006 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

they're sooo pretty. but i really like the little orange sweater for some little girl. you're making me want to start knitting. (again) i think the last time i knitted anything was when i was 12 or 13 and my grandma taught me.

 

At September 18, 2006 10:08 AM, Blogger Diane

They came out beautiful. I love the colors. And Opal yarn is great because it's so soft but wears like iron.