Friday, July 06, 2012
Finished today! Cascase Heritage handpainted 9905 Desert Adobe. Made for a size 11 man.

Bought the yarn at Unwind in Ft Walton Beach.

and I've been writing

Words of Love

I hurl obscenities at you. I swear
on random days to catch you by surprise.
That I adore you I will not lay bare.
Thoughts of love I must harbor and disguise.

My accusations are entirely nil
Created for effect and nothing more.
Vile words .. and still I expect your goodwill
through this pretense. I fear what I adore.

And though at will I behave so rudely,
Turning it around is not permitted.
You must hold your tongue, sweetly and shrewdly.
Copy not the crimes I have committed.

Wretched words surround me like a prison.
I elude. My love is never hidden.

Here's a randomish quote from a book I was reading last night, Wise Children by Angela Carter.

"Nostalgia, the vice of the aged. We watch so many old movies our memories come out in monochrome."

Labels: , , , ,

 
posted by Betty Ann at 12:51 PM |


1 Comments:


At July 07, 2012 2:55 PM, Blogger Ki

Nice sox! (I've already commented on the poem elsewhere I believe)

Can't believe Zach has been gone a year!