Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Ivan demonstrated how to lay back and take a snooze.


I finished the Jared Flood scarf with the Noro Silk Garden yarn. I could have gone on one more color change but it seemed so long already and I felt unsure about finding off so it's done. It's for Zach to use next winter. Living in Florida, he didn't have a scarf but it got realllly cold here.




I just wanted to add this picture of the first socks I ever made when they were new. A picture of how they look now is on the March 10 entry.
 
posted by Betty Ann at 8:59 AM |


5 Comments:


At April 05, 2009 9:53 PM, Anonymous michelle

I ran across your site while cleaning out my bookmarks...hope you're doing well :)

 

At April 05, 2009 9:57 PM, Blogger Betty Ann

Michelle, you left me no way to contact you. Where are you and what are up to these days? I think about you often.

 

At April 05, 2009 10:23 PM, Anonymous michelle

sorry ~ you can reach me at ausbluten (at) gmail.com. I don't talk to Z anymore, but I'd like to know how you're doing :)

 

At April 08, 2009 4:23 PM, Blogger Diane

My kids always wore the same size clothing as their age (the 5 yr old was a size 5) so I'd think using that as my guide the child would be 8-10 yrs old. Usual shoe size for that would be youth size 5/7 which would convert to 9.125" to 9.75". Maybe a spiral rib tube sock might work well because without a set heel it could fit any length.

 

At April 15, 2009 10:55 PM, Blogger Diane

Ok let's try again with 9 months instead of 9 yrs. 9 month old would wear an infant size 3 which is 4" foot length.