Monday, March 02, 2009

I finished these socks last night and posed them with fresh strawberries from Plant City, Florida! The berries are sweet and on sale at three lbs. for $5. Yum and cheap.

So this is pair three of my marathon. I hope to have six pair finished in time to mail for the birthday but he'll be home for Spring Break one of those weeks and I can't work on them then.

Speaking of surprises, Harry Shearer was paying tribute to Paul Harvey on his NPR show Le Show. He played several bits from Harvey's shows over the years including a bit about a woman who went into a shop to buy a coat for her dog. The salesperson told the woman that if she'd measure the dog, they'd make a coat, but the woman replied, "I can't do that! I want it to be a surprise!" Then we heard Harvey laughing for minutes and unable to read anymore news.
 
posted by Betty Ann at 8:03 AM |


0 Comments: