Sunday, March 02, 2008
Open the door and there are the people. Except me. I am so lonely here in Teeney Town and so depressed that I decided to go be around people. Specifically, I decided to go to the church where the preacher told me I wasn't saved because I didn't have a story (testimony) about the exact moment it happened. This morning, I got dressed, grabbed the Bible, drove past the church to see if people were going in. See, on their marquis they don't have the hours of services posted; they have posted in Spanish some ads for Spanish classes the church is offering. That's been there for weeks.

I wanted to sneak in to the church and that means getting there at the exact moment that the doors are closing so I don't have to open them and make noise and that I don't get there early enough to talk to anybody. People were walking around the grounds so I drove on by, turned and went back. I drove down the little street the church is on and people were still walking around. Very confusing. The doors were closed. I went home. They have another service at 6:00. Somebody go with me!!

I took 23 pictures of Ivan this morning. He moved during everyone of them and this is the stillest.
 
posted by Betty Ann at 11:43 AM |


2 Comments:


At March 06, 2008 9:14 AM, Blogger christina

I don't get why the preacher wouldn't be welcoming to anyone who was interested in joining his congregation. It's really sad to think that he has certain "rules". That can't be what it's all about, can it?

And I LOVE that cat picture, movement and all.

 

At September 24, 2008 12:46 PM, Blogger Hangin' on by a thread.......of yarn!

I know exactly what you mean. After living in Portland my entire life, I met my hubby on vacation in a very small coastal town. 17 years later here I am. It took me until the last year to really find people to talk to that did not work at the grocery store (though I have really gotten to know those people really well). What really helped me was Knit in Public Day. I met a bunch of ladies on Ravelry that went to it and we started meeting on sat. mornings. For several weeks it was just me, but now, most of the time there are at least two of us. About the churches, I have tried several and have found that not to be, as a general rule, a good place to meet Christians or even particularly nice people. Now if you after a heavy dose of judgment.....