Monday, February 25, 2008

I am realizing I am a hermit. I need to get out. Somebody tell me to get out. And tell me where to go. Living in the sticks is probably wonderful if you have family/friends/support but if you don't, it's just lonely. In a city you may have trouble breathing the bad air but there are places to go, support groups, different kinds of religious groups, classes.

While I'm waiting for direction, here are the latest socks on needle. I really really like this yarn except for the red/white stripes. Why did they put that in there? It's Opal yarn and I still love it.
 
posted by Betty Ann at 4:07 PM |


3 Comments:


At February 26, 2008 8:48 AM, Blogger Diane

I realized about 4 months ago that I was becoming a hermit. Once you stop going out it becomes too much of an effort to go out.

When did this happen to us? Didn't we plan to have wonderful lives filled with exciting things?

 

At February 27, 2008 4:21 AM, Blogger Elemmaciltur

There's nothing wrong with being a hermit...I'm pretty much one myself. ;-) I have my stash of yarns and fibres; my wheel, spindles, needles and hooks. I'm happy.

Although it's also nice to talk to people some time. :-p

 

At February 29, 2008 10:27 AM, Blogger christina

I'm a hermit too. I wish we lived next to each other and then we could be hermits together. The proble with going outside is that you just never know who you might meet and that's scary.

My secret word is punqqdtus. That must mean something.