Saturday, February 28, 2009


Zach, who I assume doesn't read this, will be 21 in April. I'm so broke all the time and so happy to know that he really does wear the socks I've made him, that I've decided to make him a pile. The goal is six pair in three months. I have two pair finished and three more in various other stages.

Through all this happy but concentrated knitting, I've developed a numb spot in my right index finger, the finger that puts the yarn over the needle. I don't feel it at this moment but decided to lay off knitting for a few days. But that was too hard to do so I'm blaming it on a pair that I'm making on needles that are too small for the year (6-ply, size 1.5 needles) that are making very thick socks, indeed. Maybe this is too hard on my finger? Let's say it is.

These pair are both Opal, I think. The orange/black is crocodile that you just can't find anymore but happens to be 1/2 price at thefifthstitch.com. I bought it years ago to make socks for him and now I have. Another goal met. Good girl.

The afghan is on hold. I have all the pieces, I think, but am not so sure about putting them together. I'm waiting for someone else to go first.
 
posted by Betty Ann at 12:36 PM |


1 Comments:


At March 02, 2009 5:18 AM, Blogger christina

Wowee, he's going to LOVE those. You're such a sweet mom. I've worn my beautiful socks so much that one has a hole in the bottom and now I will have to learn to darn so I can keep wearing them.

Sock!