Thursday, August 23, 2007
Having not landed a job teaching I decided to sign up to be a substitute. This means I have get fingerprinted ($61) even though I was a year ago and still have the same fingers. Then it means that I don't have income unless I work in the evenings and on weekends so I told my supermarket boss that I want that schedule. Then it means getting other people to answer the phone and accept substitute assignments for me as I can not answer the phone while cashiering. A lot of trouble and I could end up working all day and all night.

I was halfway to the school board office and didn't want to pay out the $61 so I thought I'd call this one school one more time. And yay!! He said he expects me to get a call in about a week. The room is ready. The position is not filled and I'm the person.

I got to go to lunch today with Yulle. Very sweet. It's good to have young people around.
 
posted by Betty Ann at 6:49 PM |


4 Comments:


At August 23, 2007 10:49 PM, Blogger Diane

WAY TO GO!!!!!

 

At August 24, 2007 6:45 AM, Blogger Elemmaciltur

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

 

At August 25, 2007 3:28 PM, Blogger christina

Wheeeee!

And the gloves are ADORABLE.

 

At August 30, 2007 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

How come you DINT tell me? (Was I away?)

I coulda sworn I've looked at your bloggedy recently and you hadn't updated in months. Maybe my browser wasn't fresh enough.

ta. still reading
kwii