Sunday, November 12, 2006
I know that all moms love their kids but I love mine most, I think. If the world were filled with this much emotion, it would explode. He came home from college this weekend and was my little boy agian. His scout troop had a Court of Honor because he made Eagle Scout.
I drove him there and waited around just like in the old days and it was WONDERFUL> He's driving back to Gainesville as I write this and I miss him SO MUCH.

Now look at that woman next to him. She knits socks and has been thinking of making fingerless gloves for a cold-handed friend works in an office. She dropped in to see this friend a few days ago and was greeted by, "We're all getting older aren't we?" This woman nows feels too old to be bothered with those gloves.

I also made these socks for my DS:And finished this sweater for CIC. It looks MUCH cuter in the photo than it really is. I'm telling myself it's another wool layer to keep a child warm.
 
posted by Betty Ann at 10:38 AM |


3 Comments:


At November 12, 2006 11:47 AM, Blogger Diane

Isn't it funny how you are never finished being their mom no matter how old they get? My hubby and I talk about "the kids" but the kids are now 24-18.

I'm glad you had a nice weekend with your little boy and congrads to him for making Eagle Scout. That's a whole lot of projects and time.

The CIC cweater looks wonderful. I like the color block idea for kids.

 

At November 12, 2006 1:48 PM, Blogger Judy

nice to have a visual to follow our conversation this morn. you must be sooo proud. i love the sox and the little sweater. and i like your hair style too-very flattering & chic looking.
j

 

At November 13, 2006 11:16 AM, Blogger Lynn

I think the CIC sweater is CUTE!! And I bet you got to use up a lot of extra yarn. LOVE the socks and congrats to your son. I'm learning they always stay our kids no matter how old any of us get.