Sunday, November 26, 2006
Thanksgiving was spent at the table of wonderful friends who know a lot about a lot of things. Cooking and friendship are two of those things but there are lots more. They own a bookstore and when I once suggested someone new to town go there, I was told, "Isn't it wonderful! They can actually tell you about the books." They can tell you a lot more than you find in books.

These two people went with me.
They arrived wearing hand knit socks and there is nothing more rewarding to a knitter than knowing her hours of work is actually in use.
And one of them plays violin. She's been teaching the other one who can produce a recognizable Mary Had a Little Lamb. That's one of my all time favorites!
As I write this, they're on the road back to Gainesville and I miss them!!
 
posted by Betty Ann at 4:16 PM |


3 Comments:


At November 27, 2006 5:45 AM, Blogger workinpants

they are GORGEOUS together!!! she is beautiful!!! i am so glad you had so much fun--what am i going to do about my not being able to send photos!!! i want to send you my feet!!!!----i have started my own FACEBOOK and i can upload pics there--you have to join and then i can show you my sox=---i will try to send you a photo but it will be LARGE and may bung up your mailbox!!! anyway,back to your babies---they are delightful and i am so happy that you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!!

 

At November 27, 2006 6:47 AM, Blogger christina

You posted again! They ARE gorgeous and sweet and adorable. I am feeling the love. :-)

 

At November 28, 2006 7:22 PM, Blogger Diane

Here's to finding someone who loves hand knit socks. They are very very cute together.