Friday, August 10, 2012



I have one reader of the following find it funny and I hope everyone else does. Being taken seriously is dull,.

Eyes Swollen Shut

I had my eyebrows waxed.
The result was excellent except
that a reaction to the wax or
the cream applied after caused
my eyelids to swell shut.

So it is with the man whom
I find so beautiful who
turned my life from dull to
vibrant but
still has those idiosyncrasies
(refusing to apologize ever,
disliking to explain,
being just the sweetest teeny bit narcissistic)
that causes
my eyelids to swell shut.


So it is with the woman I know
who is immenensely kind, always looking for
ways to compliment. She became
predictable and annoying
when she liked every person's something:
earrings, shirts, accent.
My eyelids swelled shut
in anticipation.


And so it is with me and my good
intentions that don't
follow through.
With whatever I'm doing,
my frustration with myself
causes my eyelids to swell shut.
Then, unable to see, I am excused.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Betty Ann at 4:07 PM |


0 Comments: